Summer

Hello BBS, Families!

You are halfway through your summer break and I hope it’s treating you well!  I just got done with vacationpalooza, where I went on three trips back-to-back. I told my husband I need to go back to work to get some rest!

I wanted to just check in and send you a few reminders.

Summer Office Hours
The BBS office will reopen on Tuesday, Aug. 1st.  Office hours will be Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm and Thursdays 8:00 am - 11:30 am.  On August 15th we will resume our regular schedule because....August 16th is the first day back to school!

Bell Schedule
Our bell schedule has changed this year so please note this new school schedule.  I have ***'ed what has changed

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

• ***8:15 - Students should be on campus
  • ***8:20 - Classes begin
  • 10:30 - Snack Recess ***(Wednesday - 10:10)
  • 10:50 - Classes resume ***(Wednesday - 10:30)
  • 12:30 - Lunch
  • ***1:10 - Classes resume
  • ***2:50 - Dismissal

Tuesday

• ***8:15 - Students should be on campus
  • ***8:20 - Classes begin
  • 10:30 - Snack Recess
  • 10:50 - Classes resume
  • 12:30 - Lunch
  • ***12:50 - Dismissal / Sunset School Recess

More About Tuesday
The start, end, and new lunch times are all so that we could make sure we were giving students enough instructional minutes so that we could offer enrichment classes through Sunset School.  This will give students a chance to choose the classes they want to attend.  I will be giving the full details at Back to School night, August 22nd.  The entire staff is very excited about it and I know the kids are going to love it!

Dave is working with 4-H in developing the classes that will be offered but we also want to reach out to our very talented parent base to see if you are interested in teaching a class!  Classes will be about 6 students and will last 8 weeks.  They will be 45 - 60 minutes long.  If you have a particular skill you would like to share with the students, please let me know and we can talk about what you would need for the class.  

Garden Beautification Project
We have started preparing our new garden space!  It's going to take some time to really get it to where I envision it being, but the ground has been broken.  I will be reaching out to see if there is anyone willing to come and help take the existing fence down and build the new one.  

I am going to have the students take a large part in designing the garden and this is going to be an exciting and meaningful learning experience for them!  Because of this we will not be moving a lot of features into the garden right away but over time I'm sure it's going to be very cool!

Back to School Night
Like a lot of things around BBS, Back-to-School night is going to be handled a little differently this year.  Since Miss R. and I are going to be sharing more students, teaching together and sometimes each of us teaching all of the kids together, we felt that dedicating 1/2 of the time to each classroom, when we give a lot of the same information wasn't very efficient so this year we will be having an assembly-type of meeting with all of the parents discussing school-wide information and then a brief classroom piece so that each of us can let parents know any vital information they need about the classroom.  Since we are both keeping all of the students we had last year, everyone except new students, will already know a lot of the classroom expectations and logistics!

Okay!  Carry on with summer!
Carrie