Hi Everyone! 

I hope you had a beautiful and restful week off. We are in the final stretches with only eight more weeks of school to go! I am also hopeful that your child was able to get their diorama done because we are going to be having a gallery walk tomorrow where students will admire each other’s work, ask questions and give feedback. But don’t worry, parents will get to see everybody’s dioramas at open house on May 31!

We have a lot going on in the next few weeks, so not only should you be reading your newsletters when they come in but also keeping an eye on ParentSquare. I will be updating our website event calendar and also putting your weekly newsletters online so that you don’t have to dig through your emails if you want to go back. The district will be phasing ParentSquare out and steering everything to our websites so that will mean that I will need practice putting things there for you and you will need practice visiting the website to get the information! We’re all learning together!

Students were sent home from break with Covid tests. I know it feels like we’re done with all that but we still have the tests so we might as well use them, right? It is not mandatory to have your child take one to come back tomorrow, but if you were at any social gatherings with a lot of people, especially people that you don’t know and wouldn’t be able to call you if they found out they were sick, you might as well take a test.

PTA is sponsoring an Easter egg hunt tomorrow at 3pm during Sunset School so if your kids are not bus riders, don't plan to pick them up until around 3:30!

PLANT SALE AND BAKE SALE UPDATE
I still have some of the presale plants available.  The link to the form to fill out is https://forms.gle/BJ4T1M3mnoS5....
We are also going to need some volunteers to help with the sale and also bake some goodies for the bake sale part of it!  It's  not going to be much of a bake sale if all we have are Sonia's cookies and my cake!!!  Please let me know what you can bake and bring on the Signup Genius which can be found HERE.  It's an online world, my friends!  Get used to it!  If you absolutely can't use SignUpGenius then please send me an email or a message here on ParentSquare and I will put you down for a short 3 hour shift, some freshly homemade baked goods or BOTH!  Your child's school needs you on Saturday, April 29th!
In addition to our event, the Bodega Bay Surf Shack located in Pelican Plaza has been very generous to ALSO hold a fundraiser for Bodega Bay school!  They are doing a Shop and Donate where 10% of all sales between 9am and 7pm will go to BBS for new outdoor sports equipment!  We are so lucky to have such a supportive community!  Stop on by the Surf Shop after you shop for plants (or your plant sale shift!) and pick up some fun things for your beach bums!

Have a great week!
Carrie

Dates to Remember

4/22 & 4/23 - 50th Anniversary of Bodega Bay Fisherman's Festival - WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR OUR BOOTH! 

4/24 - BBS Community Schools Meeting @ 4:30pm
4/29 - 1st Annual Plant Sale & Bake Sale Bonanza - WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS & BAKED GOODS!
5/15 - 5/26 - CAASPP testing for 3rd & 4th grade
5/19 - Mother's Day Dinner, 3pm - 5pm
5/29 - Memorial Day, NO SCHOOL!
5/31 - Open House, 5pm - 6pm
6/2 - Field Trip: Beach Clean Up
6/6 - Minimum Day
6/7 - Minimum Day: Promotion
6/8 - Minimum Day: Carnival: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! PARENTS, TAG!  YOU'RE IT!