Hi Families!

Welcome to the last week where our remaining number of weeks is a double digit number!  Yes, I'll celebrate pretty much anything...

There are only a few announcements to make this week.  

As you may have heard, there is a severe substitute shortage and I feel like BBS feels it even harder than Tomales because of our distance from the cities around us.  Shoreline Unified pays $200 per day to our substitutes and it is one of the most flexible jobs ever!  You can pick and choose when you work, and I guarantee you will be booked!  Becoming a substitute teacher is easy if you meet the requirements.  Here is a link to the list of requirements needed to become a sub.  Once these are met, you will register as a sub with the county and our district, and you're in!

We don't only need subs for teachers, though.  We also need subs for our para educators.  And at the moment, this is our greatest need!  Sonia, Jenny, Dave, Mirella, Tiffany and LeeAnna (in her food service role), and our art teacher are all para educators.  We currently have two postings for para professional sub jobs.

The first and third are those postings.  Dave is going out to take the rest of his Daddy Duty (paternity leave), which is the third job listed here.  It doesn't say so on this screenshot but the hours are from 2pm - 6pm, Monday thru Friday.  The title of the job makes it sound like it is more than it is.  Don't get me wrong, Dave does AN ENORMOUS amount of things that his sub will not have to do!  I just feel like people might be intimidated by the title of the posting and not apply for it thinking they are not qualified.  We simply need a sub to fill in for him so that we can keep the program going.  I am on campus many late afternoons but I'm there because I have work to do, so I can't cover the position but I am definitely there for support as well as Mirella, our Sunset School Rock Star!

If you love working with our kids, have energy, patience, and love fun, then please consider applying!  ALL YOU NEED IS FINGERPRINT CLEARANCE AND PAPERWORK FROM THE DISTRICT OFFICE! Contact Christine Bowman at the District Office (707) 878-2286 to get the application paperwork.

In addition to these two open positions, there are ALWAYS opportunities to sub for paras who are out, so get yourself on our list and we will put you to work!

Volunteer opportunities are also available at BBS so let us know if you are ever interested in lending a hand!  You might have a special skill that you want to share with the kids or maybe you just have a few extra hours and want to pop in and help reorganize the library!  With some advanced notice, we will put you to work!!!

Speaking of volunteers....don't forget about our 1st Annual Plant Sale and Baked Goodie Bonanza!  Sign up for times and/or treats HERE!!

Let's not forget Fisherman's Festival!!!  We need parent volunteers to help at our booth.  The Fisherman's Festival donates money to our school to pay for all of the student's and staff's yearbooks every year.  Having a booth helps to showcase what a wonderful school we have as well as helping to make the festival an event that people want to come to every year.  Please join us!

Don't forget to wish Miss. R. a happy birthday on Monday!!

Dates to Remember

3/27 - BBS Community Schools Meeting @ 4:30pm
4/10 - 4/14 - Spring Break, NO SCHOOL!
4/22 & 4/23 - 50th Anniversary of Bodega Bay Fisherman's Festival
4/29 - 1st Annual Plant Sale & Bake Sale Bonanza
5/15 - 5/26 - CAASPP testing for 3rd & 4th grade
5/19 - Mother's Day Dinner, 3pm - 5pm
4/24 - BBS Community Schools Meeting @ 5pm
5/29 - Memorial Day, NO SCHOOL!
5/31 - Open House, 5pm - 6pm
6/2 - Field Trip: Beach Clean Up
6/6 - Minimum Day
6/7 - Minimum Day: Promotion
6/8 - Minimum Day: Carnival: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! PARENTS, TAG!  YOU'RE IT!